The Green Valley Ranch Branch library is seeking an outgoing, friendly Youth Assistant to help with the After School is Cool (ASIC) program. This position will support and assist Library staff in planning and executing ASIC activities. The Youth Assistant will build positive relationships with kids during the ASIC program and assist with monitoring students ages 6-14. The Youth Assistant will set up the program, assist with the implementation of the program, and clean up at the end of each day.
Part-time, 10 hours a week, April - May 2018. The ideal schedule would be 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
Deadline to apply is March 16, 2018.
Salary: $10.25 per hour
Location: Green Valley Ranch Branch Library (4856 N. Andes Ct., Denver CO, 80249)
- Must be in high school (14-17 years old)
- Must live or go to school within the neighborhood of the Green Valley Ranch Branch Library.
- Must be available from April 2018 to May 2018 after school - Monday through Friday from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Must be at work when scheduled and on time.
- Must be reliable, hard-working, and love working with kids!
- Previous experience working with kids is preferred, but not required.
- Willingness to be a team player and maintain positive relationships with co-workers
- Ability to work independently and show initiative
- Ability to show leadership and be a positive role model for the children of the library
- Being a library user is a definite plus!
Reports To: Library Program Assistant
- Assist with planning and implementing ASIC activities
- Assist with program set-up and clean-up
- Help lead programs and assist children with troubleshooting activities, while building positive relationships
- Encourage curiosity and engagement with program topics and activities
- Assist librarians with creating crafts and activities
- Assist with general library tasks as needed
To Apply: Complete the online Youth Assistant Application by March 16.