Terms and Conditions of Use for Denver Public Library Websites
By accessing Denver Public Library websites, you are agreeing to be bound to and comply with these Terms and Conditions of Use as well as all applicable laws and regulations. You agree to respect the rights and policies of the Denver Public Library and other users. If you do not agree with all of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing our sites.
The materials contained in the websites are subject to protection under applicable copyright laws and these Terms and Conditions of Use.
When using our sites for any purpose, including to submit content, create a profile, build communities, or other use, you are agreeing to comply with applicable laws and the following Terms and Conditions of Use:
Materials loaded onto the library’s websites will be visible to all website users.
Copyright & Publication Rights
The Denver Public Library does not assume responsibility for infringement of copyright or publication rights of all submitted content including: manuscripts, photographs, or audio-visual material that is held by the creator, or any other heirs, donors or executors. Users are expected to be aware of all relevant laws concerning copyright, protection of privacy, and libel. Users are solely responsible for their use and shall indemnify and hold harmless the Denver Public Library against any consequences arising from use.
By registering on a DPL website and contributing content you are giving the Denver Public Library permission to display digital reproductions of items on DPL sites.
Sharing content and information
All comments and content can be viewed by all users. The Community Guidelines have been established to give you basic do's and don'ts for sharing information on the web.
Criteria for Selecting Content for DPL Digital Collections – (Creating Your Community website only)
In addition to the Creating Your Community website, we will add content to the Denver Public Library (DPL) Digital Collections to preserve and broaden the depth of information available to current and future researchers. Here are some guidelines:
- Materials that will be contributed to the Digital Archives will focus on the trans-Mississippi West and the Rocky Mountain Region.
- DPL reserves the right to remove material from the DPL Digital Collections as defined in the withdrawal section of the Collection Development Policy.
Registration and Account Security
We ask that you are courteous when registering to use our sites:
- You will not provide any false personal information, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal profile.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You are at least 13 years of age or have parental permission to post to DPL sites. (You must be at least 18 years of age to create an account on the Creating Communities website.)